Good news...

Do you love a bargain?   Our local supermarket had a buy one get one for a penny sale this week.  I had not looked at the mid week circular.  Actually I remember throwing it away.  That's what happens when you make a decision when your tired.  Therefore when I entered the store, I was ill prepared.  Sigh.  Of course that meant walking down each aisle.  My eyes scanned the shelves like I was looking for a diamond at a diamond mine.  I mean, what if I missed one of those red 1cent signs!  The savings were so good that I even sent texts to my daughter and a friend.

 
 
What is it about a good find that makes us want to share the news?  A young family and I seemed to share the same aisle over and over.  We helped each other.  "Did you see this? or "If you don't mind, I'll just look around you.  Take your time."  She had her circular.  She was prepared and even had her husband and two kids along for the adventure! 
 
As I write this I am reminded of last week at church.  I know it's odd.  How I got there, I can not explain.  Anyway, we took communion.  In the church I attend, the only requirement to participate in communion with us is salvation.  If Jesus is your Savior, you are invited to join in.  Our Pastor spoke of the significance of this ordinance and as each element is taken, he asks someone to bless it.  Thanking God for what this represents.  My mind drifted.  Did I really appreciate this sacrifice?  Did I really understand what it meant?  Conviction.  Of course, if you know me, you will know that I can feel guilt over just about anything.  That first born in me comes out and I feel responsible for it all. 
 
Salvation is really good news.  We have THE best news around!  2Corinthians 4:6&7 (NET) tells me "For God, who said "Let light shine out of darkness," is the one who shined in our hearts to give us the light of the glorious knowledge of God in the face of Christ.  But we have this treasure in clay jars, so that the extraordinary power belongs to God and does not come from us."  I am just a earthen vessel, a clay jar (actually mine has been cracked and put back together several times) and along with that comes my difficulty.  Can I really understand and appreciate this sacrifice completely?  Ephesians 3:18-19 (NLT) says, "18 And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep His love is. 19 May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God." (bold my addition)
 
This good news is really too deep for me to understand.  That's where faith enters in.  I don't understand the amazing love of this sacrifice.  How can it be that my King would die for me? 
 
I don't want to keep it to myself.  It is worth a text, a call.  Be God's hands and heart this week.  There is no sale here.  Just a gift that cost everything and given freely to all that accept.
 
Love.  Amazing love.
 
Until we visit again,
Live blessed
Carmen